Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chocolate Croissants

Ingredients:
Pastry dough (I used 2 packages)
2 boxes semi-sweet bakers chocolate
2 tbsp unsalted butter

Directions:
1. Notice each sheet is folded into thirds. Cut along this crease. 
2. Chop the bakers chocolate into small chunks.
3. Place some chocoalte an inch or so away from one end of the pastry dough, fold the short edge (or just until it covers all the chocolate) and pinch the sides so that the chocolate is closed inside. Then, continue to roll it. 
4. Once all of your croissants are formed, melt the butter and then drizzle some on each one.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. After you take them out, sprinkle powdered sugar and a small amount of the extra chocolate crumps on top. 

Notes:
I used Pepperage farm pastry dough (found in frozed section).
Sorry that I had forgotten to write down what the oven would be set to! I used the temperature from the recipe added on the back of the box, so I'm sure you'll be ok using that.
The timing may be a little bit iffy depending on your oven, so just make sure to be watching. 
They'll be ready when the tops are golden brown!  

Rating: 5/5
Improvision at its finest ladies and gentlemen. 
After a total disaster of the actual recipe I was going to use, I decided to just improvise and see how it went. (The other one used dough from scratch. Now, I'm not sure if it was me, the yeast, or both of us, but it was just not happening. Luckily, I had time to get to the store last weekend so I picked up the all mighty thing that is pre-made dough and saved the day!) 
Anyways, this recipe is a golden one and is highly reccomended. It looks beautiful without me having to tap into my inner Martha Stewart. 
It's really best served warm so the chocolate is nice and gooey but all around, no real complaints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment