Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cookie Press Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (two sticks)
2/3 cups sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tsp. flavoring (I use 1/2 tsp. of almond and vanilla)
In a mixing bowl. 
Add 2 1/2 cups flour 
With hands
Preheat to 400' 
Cookies bake 5 to 7 minutes. 
Makes about 6 doz. cookies
(And obviously you will need a cookie press)

Notes:
   I have my cookie gun setting to thick cookies. Hold the trigger for about 4 seconds or until you can feel the dough stop coming through and then press again when lifting up to make sure the cookie stays on the tray. 
   You wont need to grease the pan or anything because they don't stick.
   If you want to add coloring to make them anything besides yellow, add dye. I recommend using a lot to make the color darker because it will fade a little bit in the oven. (As you can tell in my second picture)
   If you want to add a different flavor (the recipe will make it vanilla), add your flavoring until it tastes to your liking. I apologize for not knowing the exact measurements but I never write down the things I add, I usually just go by taste. (I just made these ones vanilla.)
   I also usually add a tsp. or so of flavoring because I like a bolder flavor.
   I cook them for about 6 minutes but for how to tell they're done: the bottoms of the cookies will be slightly brown/ darker. 

Rating: 4/5
   These are the cookies I make every year around the holidays. I've made vanilla, chocolate, lemon, cherry, and peppermint. (So a lot of experimenting/possibilities there) I found the recipe in a Betty Crocker book. They're also great for giving away as Holiday gifts. Be careful though: there's a lot of butter in these and they're pretty addicting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment