Friday, March 20, 2015

Swedish Mocha Cake


Ingredients
  • 1 stick + 1 tbsp (125g) butter
  • ½ cup (50g) cocoa
  • 2 tsp instant espresso powder
  • 1¾ cup (300g) sugar
  • 1 cup (150g) plain flour
  • 3 eggs
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease and flour a 7 inch (18cm) cake tin.
  2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat, and then stir in the remaining ingredients.
  3. Scrape the batter into the pan, and bake for 20-40 minutes, or until the edges are set, but the middle is still gooey. 
  4. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes, before removing from the pan and serving with raspberries, and a dollop of creme fraiche.

Notes:
Well... I clearly did not wait the full 30 minutes for cooling... Oops..
I only got one picture too because as soon as i took all the chunks out of the pan, my dad was upon it. 
It tasted pretty alright though. This will deffinitely keep you up for a while. 
I had mind in the oven for 30 minutes by the way. 
Review: 3/5
Low key just make sure you let your cake cool longer than I did. I covered it in powdered sugar and called it a day. 



1 comment:

  1. Olivia, I HAVE BEEN DYING TO GET BAKED AND YOU MAKE ME WANT TO BAKE SOME MORE! Hehehe, honestly all of your recipes look absolutely amazing. I love to bake in my free time, so seeing all of these ideas right here just ready for me to try, makes me feel some type of way. I love it! Keep on getting baked, girl!!

    ReplyDelete